About the Range of Use

Can I use the music in a wedding DVD to distribute or to sell?
Yes, there is no additional fee.
Can I use my music in videos and other creations?
Yes.(We really appreciate if you show the artist name and song title appears in the credits.)
Can I use the song as a sample in my own song composition?
Each song is allowed up to 16 measures of sampling. High quality files can be ordered by email for ¥5,000.
Can I use my music in TV and radio broadcasting?
Yes. Please apply with the Nextone number or Jasrac number of the music you prefer. You can also apply with the song title and artist name instead of using Jasrac, Nextone numbers. It is not necessary to apply for use in overseas broadcasting.
Can I use the song in commercials?
All songs can be used in WEB commercials and satellite broadcasting commercials for ¥250. However, an additional ¥30,000 is required for commercials broadcasting through terrestrial television. (For terrestrial television purposes, we accept orders through email.)

About the music

Will I need to pay royalty to JASRAC when using my music?
No, all music is royalty-free.
What does copyright management music mean?
Music of 250music is registered and managed by "Broadcasting rights" and "Rental rights", so it can be used in broadcast programs without any concerns. (Please file an application after use in a broadcast program.)
Do I need to give credit to the artist?
No, you do not have to give credits to the artists, but we welcome credits to 250music.
How can I use public domain music?
Public domain music is free from songwriting rights. However, the music has a master licensing for the sound source, which is available to those who purchase music here on 250Music.
Is there a time limit or usage limit on a song that I buy?
There are no limits on purchased music. You are free to use the song as much as you like without paying an additional fee.
Can I edit my music to go with a video?
Yes. You are allowed to do edits such as looping, fade in, fade out, and cuts. Easy edits are allowed.
What is the difference between instrumental and karaoke?
Due to artist intentions it’s difficult to separate however, fundamentally:
-Instrumental: music without vocals
-Karaoke: music with vocals removed (in some cases only the chorus may remain)
Do I need to give credit to the songwriter?
No, you do not have to give credit.


Is it possible to request music production etc. to the artists?
Please send a separate inquiry under "Contact"
How can I request a receipt?
From the "Contact" page, select "Request for receipt ", and enter your "Purchase number" in “Content of Inquiry”. Later, we will send you a receipt (PDF) by email attachment to the e-mail address you entered.

250 music freed copyright wide widely, We offer royalty-free music at ¥250 per music. Join Now!!

250music Member Sign In!